Writing 2019 – articles and reviews
Review of Black Swan, White Swan by the Royal NZ Ballet at ASB THeatre, Auckland. Publihed in NZ Herald 24 June 2019. Read the review.
Review of Pacific Dance Festival 2019 Triple Bill at Mangere Arts Centre. Works by Laifa Ta’ala, Ufitia Sagapolute, and Aue Dance Company. Published 17 June in NZ Herald. Read the review.
Review of Leeches by Aloali Tapu & Friends for Pacific Dance Festival 2019. ASB Waterfront Theatre. Published in NZ Herald 10 June. Read the review.
Review of The Goblin Market by The Dust Palace at the Herald Theatre. Published 5 April in NZ Herald online. Read the review.
Auckland Arts Festival 2019 – dance reviews – As It Is, ASB Waterfront Theatre and Blood Water Earth at Te Uru; published in NZ Herald online 11 March 2019. Grand Finale at ASB Theatre published in NZ Herald onlne 25 March 2019. Read the original reviews here and here.
Auckland Fringe Week 2 Highlights – review of 999 Alchemist Trauma Centre/Power Centre, Academy Cinema, Auckland Fringe, 1 March 2019. Published in NZ Herald online 4 March 2019. Read the review
Auckland Fringe Week 1 Highlights – review of Movement of the Human, Concert Chamber, Auckland Town Hall, Fringe Town. Published in NZ Herald online 25 February 2019. Read the review
Review of Hemispheres, Footnote NZ Dance with Guangdong Modern Dance Company, Bruce Mason Centre,15 February 2019. Published in NZ Herald online 19 February 2019. Read the review
2019 New Zealand Dance Performance Calendar and review links – January-March; April-June; July-September; October – December
Editing projects 2019
May – July: provision of remote copy editing and proofreading services for five books:
(1) a Precarity Manifesto;
(2) “The art of systems change: Eight guiding principles for a green and fair future.” Fuller Transformation Collaborative. Washington, DC: World Wildlife Fund;
(3) updated edition of Power Purchase Agreements handbook for Power Africa;
(4) a new Cisco handbook;
(5) coming in July – a handbook for VMWare,
March – April: provision of remote copy editing and proofreading services for six books:
(1) “Fifty Shades of Green – Reinventing Philanthropy” by The Shuttleworth Foundation ;
(2) a book about management of sovereign debt and associated policies;
(3-5) updating of three Cisco handbooks
(6) completion of the HIVOS/ENERGIA report “Gender in the transition to sustainable energy for all: From evidence to inclusive policies“.
January-February: provision of remote copy editing and proofreading services for the HIVOS/ENERGIA report about recent long-term research into gender energy policy outcomes related to United Nations Sustainable Development Goals 5 & 7 across Asia and Africa.
Writing coaching for private client.
Biography project – research continues.