Writing projects and commissions
— Advance Reader report for the now published mystery novel Blood Marked Pages by Iain Cameron (UK)
–created the index for UNWRITTEN RULE: State-Making through Land Reform in Cambodia (by Dr Alice Beban, forthcoming, Cornell University Press 2021)
–updating the NZ Dance Calendar for October-December (yes, live dance performances at last)
Published/commissioned reviews will be listed here.
Review: UNDERCURRENT by Footnote NZ Dance, 31 October, ASB Waterfront Theatre, Auckland. Published in NZ Herald on 9 November. Read the review.
Review: Taurite, Hawaiki Tu with Te Manu Huia, 16 September, The Great Hall, Auckland Town Hall and online (live stream). Published in Theatreview. Read the review.
NB live performances were largely absent due to the requirements of COVID Lockdowns during the period mid-March to mid-September.
Review: Cold Blood – 11-14 March, ASB Waterfront Theatre, Auckland Arts Festival. Published in NZ Herald (paywalled) – read the review.
Review: Snow White, Ballet Preljocaj, 11-15 March, Aotea Centre, Auckland Arts Festival. Published in NZ Herald (paywalled) – read the review.
Review: This Fragile Planet by NZ Dance Company at Auckland Town Hall, and I Know What I’m Doing at Q Loft. Read these reviews (NZ Herald, paywalled)
Review: EMERALD – flamenco theatre at Q Loft and TAPAC – read the review (NZ Herald, paywalled)
Regular issues of PubSource which I compile can be read on the Coko Foundation website [NB new issues are currently paused]
Editing projects and commissions
Book Sprints Limited – our project dates were greatly affected by Covid-19 lockdowns around the world. 90% of our already confirmed Sprints were postponed pending new dates later in the year. A handful proceeded during lockdown/quarantine periods on a fully virtual basis with extended time frames.
– projects with GIZ (November-December) and the University of Illinois (December-January)
I provided copy editing and proofreading services for the following projects:
* HPE secrets management project (during September-October)
* Cloud networking/troubleshooting modules for Cisco (during September)
* Red Hat digital transformation guide (during July & October)
* Red Hat OpenShift Security Guide (completed during April with print book and ebook sold on amazon.com)
* Technische Universität Berlin, exploring support for strategic and innovative campus development (completed during March – book available for free download here.)
Theatreview Trust – we continued working throughout Lockdown in New Zealand, keeping our writers informed about online performance viewing opportunities and encouraging them to respond on the website. Live performance reviews began appearing again during September.