Year in total:
14 books copy edited and proofread for Book Sprints Limited
24 performances reviewed (for NZ Herald and Theatreview)
127 reviews commissioned and edited (from other writers for Theatreview)
8 enews bulletins compiled (for Coko Foundation)
Writing 2019 – articles and reviews
Review of Top Town by Dynamotion at Q Theatre Loft, published by NZ Herald on 13 December (paywalled). Read the review.
Review of Hansel & Gretel by the Royal NZ Ballet at Aotea Centre, published by NZ Herald on 9 December (paywalled). Read the review.
Review of The Clearing by Footnote NZ Dance at ASB Waterfront Theatre. Published in NZ Herald 0n 4 November 2019 (paywalled). Read the review.
Review of Manifesto of a Good Cripple by Suzanne Cowan at The Basement Theatre. Published in Theatreview, 31 October 2019. Read the review.
Review of Owls Do Cry by Red Leap at Q Theatre. Published in Theatreview, 19 October 2019. Read the review.
Reviews of Tempo Dance Festival events during October – Pohutu by Bianca Hyslop and Rowan Pierce with Rosie Tapsell at Q Theatre, 2 October 2019 and NZ Music Double Bill: Dances with Aldous by Zahra Killeen-Chance, Josie Archer and Kosta Bogoievski, 4 & 5 October 2019 at Q Theatre, Auckland; (published 8 October in NZ Herald, paywalled); Fa’asinomaga by Sau E Siva Creative on 8 & 9 October at Q Theatre, Auckland, and Tomo by Atamira Dance Company on 9 &10 October at Q Theatre Loft, Auckland (published 11 October in NZ Herald, paywalled).
Review of Bold Moves by the Royal NZ Ballet at ASB Theatre, Auckland. Published in NZ Herald on 26 August 2019 (Paywalled). Read the review outside paywall.
Review of Black Swan, White Swan by the Royal NZ Ballet at ASB Theatre, Auckland. Published in NZ Herald 24 June 2019. Read the review.
Review of Pacific Dance Festival 2019 Triple Bill at Mangere Arts Centre. Works by Laifa Ta’ala, Ufitia Sagapolute, and Aue Dance Company. Published 17 June in NZ Herald. Read the review.
Review of Leeches by Aloali Tapu & Friends for Pacific Dance Festival 2019. ASB Waterfront Theatre. Published in NZ Herald 10 June. Read the review.
Review of The Goblin Market by The Dust Palace at the Herald Theatre. Published 5 April in NZ Herald online. Read the review.
Auckland Arts Festival 2019 – dance reviews – As It Is, ASB Waterfront Theatre and Blood Water Earth at Te Uru; published in NZ Herald online 11 March 2019. Grand Finale at ASB Theatre published in NZ Herald onlne 25 March 2019. Read the original reviews here and here.
Auckland Fringe Week 2 Highlights – review of 999 Alchemist Trauma Centre/Power Centre, Academy Cinema, Auckland Fringe, 1 March 2019. Published in NZ Herald online 4 March 2019. Read the review
Auckland Fringe Week 1 Highlights – review of Movement of the Human, Concert Chamber, Auckland Town Hall, Fringe Town. Published in NZ Herald online 25 February 2019. Read the review
Review of Hemispheres, Footnote NZ Dance with Guangdong Modern Dance Company, Bruce Mason Centre,15 February 2019. Published in NZ Herald online 19 February 2019. Read the review
Editing projects 2019
September – December: copy editor for Coko Foundation and editor of the PubSource enewsletter
August – November: provision of remote copy editing and proofreading services to Book Sprints Limited for three books:
1) Open Data Metrics Lighting the Fire – for the Make Data Count organization;
2) Open a GLAM Lab (download as PDF) – a new guide for setting up, running and maintaining a Digital Cultural Heritage Innovation Lab for the International GLAM Labs Community;
3) A completely new (2019) edition of Troubleshooting Cisco’s Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI).
May – July: provision of remote copy editing and proofreading services to Book Sprints Limited for five books:
(1) Techno-Precarious – a precarity manifesto – 10 writers came together to critique the human price of digital capitalism in today’s world.
(2) The art of systems change: Eight guiding principles for a green and fair future. Fuller Transformation Collaborative. Washington, DC: World Wildlife Fund; can be downloaded here.
(3) An updated edition of Power Purchase Agreements handbook for Power Africa & USAID; can be downloaded here.
(4) a new Cisco handbook;
(5) a handbook for VMWare,
March – April: provision of remote copy editing and proofreading services to Book Sprints Limited for six books:
(1) Fifty Shades of Green – Reinventing Philanthropy for The Shuttleworth Foundation ;
(2) a book about management of sovereign debt and associated policies;
(3-5) updating of three Cisco handbooks
(6) completion of the HIVOS/ENERGIA report “Gender in the transition to sustainable energy for all: From evidence to inclusive policies” which can be downloaded here.
January-February: provision of remote copy editing and proofreading services to Book Sprints Limited for the HIVOS/ENERGIA draft report about recent long-term research into gender energy policy outcomes related to United Nations Sustainable Development Goals 5 & 7 across Asia and Africa.
Writing coaching for private client.
Academic support for private clients.
Biography project – research continues.